‘Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those, who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, the melancholia, the panic fear, which is inherent in a human condition.’ Graham Green
The Creative & Therapeutic Writing Workshop is a weekly course of two-hour session, designed for adults who want to explore self-knowledge and self-expression through creative writing, and for those who also want to write with more fluidity, creativity, honesty (ie. lack of inhibition), playfulness and joy. As a result they will hopefully find an improvement in psychological and physical wellbeing.
It is designed for a small group of participants so a cohesion and friendly atmosphere can be more easily created.
The workshop provides you the opportunity for
1. creative self exploration and fun.
2. a daily writing practice.
3. explore approaches to self-expressive and reflective writing and to write with more fluidity, creativity, honesty (that is, lack of inhibition) and joy..
4. share with other students during the course as much or as little as you choose.
5. improve your health and wellbeing.
FOR MORE INFO AND TO BOOK YOUR PLACE: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ve been researching and exploring my concept of PRPC ‘positive-reflective post-cathartic’ for some years now. This is mainly based in the idea that focusing on negative thoughts through language and with negative words is the result of distress and many other emotional disorders that also affect physical health. The pattern of negative thinking can be broken and changed with re-thinking, re-reflecting and re-writing these negative thoughts, feelings and emotions in a more positive way.
My method basically consists of a combination of meditation exercises, music-therapy, and reflection on the gift of life, the magic of the now, the moment we have the opportunity to live, the flow of life and the potential of being creatively alive.
By discovering the negative (ie. unhealthy/insane) emotions, feelings and actions, and by realizing their ability to disempower oneself, the participants will discover that reflecting and writing about the inner self in a cathartic way will give them the ability to re-write those emotions in a way which they can see is more positive (ie. healthy/sane). Through the writing excercises, the participants will begin to empower themselves, and gain more control over their own lives. Pain is a ‘natural’ thing in life, but not suffering.
I also use creative craft activities, poetry and music to inspire, motivate and push the group towards finding cohesion and a trusting, safe and healthy atmosphere.
- To give the participants tools to empower themselves in their own lives.
- To develop creative and divergent thinking in the participants.
- To allow the group to develop a sense of trust, safety and cohesion.
- For participants to learn about themselves, their priorities, and the meaning of their emotional responses.
- For participants to be more aware of their negative emotions and regulate them with a better positive outcome.
- For participants to be more aware of the creative flow of life and enjoy the beauty of it.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT: therapeuticwriting.net